One evening a few days before Amazon Prime Day was set to kick off, my better half decided that it was time we upgraded our TV after having spent countless hours watching shows while stuck at home during the latest COVID-19 lockdown. It was looking more and more likely that we’d be spending most of our time at home for the foreseeable future. Binge watching our favorite series with a glass of wine every night had become our favorite pastime, so we wanted to spoil ourselves with something big and cutting-edge.
Choosing the best screen size to upgrade to quickly became a point of contention, which is why I’ve decided to dedicate this post to our AI platform generated insights on Prime Day and what we discovered about TVs:
1. The best selling TVs raked in a whopping $75m in sales between October 10-16.
2. A new star was born – the Insignia TV 70-inch Smart 4K UHD was one of the best selling products, netting over $1.3M in sales on the second day of Prime Day.
3. So which were the best screen sizes to upgrade to? According to our data on Prime Day sales, 65 inch TVs generated over $23M in sales, followed by 55 inch TVs, which generated over $14M in sales.
TV Sales by inches week 10-16/10/20
4. Samsung TVs took first place on Prime Day with a 35% share of total TV sales.
Brand share based on sales 10-16/10/20
5. In addition, Samsung made the biggest gains on Prime Days October 13 and 14 with an increase of $4M in sales.
TV Daily sales for top brands 10-16/10/20
If you’re interested in getting exclusive insights on eCommerce sales and category insights, contact us for a free trial.
Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest news about Market Beyond